The general idea of the Project is to improve the skills and employability of young people with special attention to those who have fewer opportunities through the creation of Local Intergenerational Civic Councils.
The CIA Project makes the relationship between young people/old people extremely positive, allowing, on the one hand, the development of personal and professional skills based on the exchange of knowledge and experiences between young and old through Local Intergenerational Civic Councils, with the aim of improving the employability of young people and allow their access to civic decision-making, with special reference to the group of young people who, either due to their limited training, experience or level of skill development, have greater difficulties in entering the labour market.
The objectives proposed in the CIA project are:
- Promote the employability of young people through local civic intergenerational participation.
- Foster an open and participatory dialogue between young people, older people and local stakeholders.
- Promote the active participation of young people in civic decision-making through intergenerational councils.
- Support employability actions through active youth-adult cooperation.
- Use emotional intelligence as a means of developing interpersonal skills and competencies through older youth relationships.
The project activities aimed at achieving the project objectives and achieving the planned results are:
- Operational manual for the operation of local intergenerational Civic Councils.
- A practical guide for facilitators and interlocutors of Intergenerational Civic Agents.
- A collaborative platform for the promotion of Intergenerational Civic Councils and training of facilitators and interlocutors.
- There will also be a training course for civic intergenerational agents.
Six entities belonging to five countries participate:
- Fundación Universitat Jaume I – Company. Castellón (Spain). Project leader.
- INNETICA. Zaragoza (Spain).
- Fundacja Instytut Badan i Innowacji w Edukacji. Czestochowa (Poland).
- Directia Judeteana pentru Sport si Tineret. Brasov (Romania).
- Associação Sójovem das Saibreiras. Ermesinde (Portugal).
- Tavsanli Kaymakamligi. Kütahya (Turkey).
Link to the Project website: http://ciaerasmus.eu/